Monday 17 June 2013

Music Monday: Victory

'I WIN! I ALWAYS WIN! IS THERE NO ONE ON
THIS PLANET TO STOP
ME?!'

Now obviously this not a statement I have ever uttered before as I am neither A/ General Zod or B/ Very successful, but still, I felt my first opportunity to yell it today!

Woo Hoo! I received in the post something I didn't think I'd ever get and it was a kind of special moment. Yes, today a proof copy of my book arrived....

Yeah.

Now I'm realistic, I know I'm not Stephen King, and yet even he had to start somewhere right?! Yeah, that's right! So I felt it start today, and it felt good!

These tracks reflect this momentous occasion....

 


Okay, that was obvious...




There's a line in here that says 'Mistakes? I've made a few.'

Well, having edited the copy about seven times I flick open the proof copy and my eyeballs rest neatly on a mistake. In the astral ether around my head a mystic version of myself punches me in the face repeatedly till his arm starts to hurt.

I'm in too much of a good mood to notice and so I ignore the blows and carry on regardless aware I can fix it with the wave of my hand over the document.




No, I don't drink... But still, I like the sentiment. Beside I spend many years thinking I was indeed pissing my life away, not just my nights :-) Still, I could still be proved right on that count!




BUT UNTIL I HAVE DEFEAT SPREAD ACROSS MY BODY WITH A BUTTER KNIFE LIKE MARMITE ON SOME TOAST.... PARRRRTTTTTTYYYY!!!

Now, obviously it would have been better if I'd got an agent, been snapped up and become an overnight sensation, but then, that doesn't sound real to me. It doesn't fit with anything I've ever done and to be honest I'm not likely to start getting it right first go just to make life easier for everyone else!!

OKAY?! Great.

In the end the book I have here proves one thing as I go through hunting typos and some minor problems still...




Now obviously I'm not Frank... But I'll belt this out as you head off to another side.

Until it comes crashing back down to Earth... Be excellent to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment