Monday 12 November 2012

Music Monday : The hero Edition

Right, this week its something easy because my brain is snowed under with writing and ideas and characters and stuff, so its a hero edition! Five songs from five different hero films from recent till far distant and hopefully we can get a few in that are slightly different...Lets see.

How to start? What does everyone want to be?


PARTYMAN By Prince

This is from the Keaton and Burton Batman and its one I saw in the cinema. Yep. I did that. I still think it holds up tough I am a big fan of Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson so perhaps its a weak spot?! I don't know but its a cool movie and it is a cool song.

Prince rocks.






HERO By Chad Kruegar and some other dudes.

This was the main song from Spiderman and though I do normally turn my nose up at Chad and 'Nicklecrack' I think this is a real superhero must. Its a great song for that genre and one I love.

Sorry to inflict Chad on you, but its a worthy cause.






BRING ME TO LIFE By Evanesence

A big hit and a great song, also happens to be from Daredevil, yes the Affleck one! Come on?! Okay, it wasn't great but I didn't think it was THAT bad. Ben is obviously a bit miscast but he does love the source material so I forgive him and suggest next time to step back and think rationally if he is the right choice.

However not brilliant the film may or may not be the album the song comes from is fabulous and the film used several of the songs. I picked this one because it fits the night.






THE TIMES THEY ARE A CHANGING By Bob Dylan

Watchmen was a brilliant film that was made by people that obviously love the source material. The intro was a masterpiece of storytelling and the credit scene breathtaking. I loved every damn second of it and Zack Snyder did an amazing job (Though I fear Superman won't go the same way).

No intro's needed really. Its a bloody classic.





We could only finish with this one! I need write nothing about this hero, you all know him so well!





If you have any suggestions as to other hero songs drop ya comment on and I'll have a look at running it another week.

Hope you enjoyed the selection and I look forward to hitting you with more tunes next week.

Cheers and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment